Saturday, June 18, 2011

Standards


Well where should I start my blogg for welding science?, I would say with standards review. My first experience with welding at college was at the lab, even though I had seen many times welders doing their job at small shops and always finding myself stearing at the sparks, my first welds finished with the stick, "sticked" to the base metal. So that first experience ended up with no weld at all.-
A few years later, already graduated  I found myself supervising welders and I had to learn on the battle field. There was a welding inspection company hired by the client and the project was a 4.5 kmts 24" carbon steel pipe for geothermal water to be "reinjected" in a well. I didn´t even know the design of the weld joint for pipes. And thankfully I learned that those designs were already in some books, or standards, AWS D1.1 and ANSI ASME B31.1. (Se puede comprar de Amazon aquĆ­:    http://astore.amazon.com/luisalba-20/detail/B001A5SU1A).-

No comments:

Post a Comment